Terms and Conditions of TradesPro Ltd
Before completing any work for you, we ask you to read the terms as they form your contract for goods and services, therefore accepting the terms below.
- This contract is between TradesPro LTD (the company) and the customer.
- By agreeing to a start date and paying a deposit, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the company.
- All goods/works will be listed on the quote. You must ensure that everything you are expecting is written on the quote. We will not be held liable if you later feel some works/goods are not what you feel you have ordered.
- The company will not be liable for any costs involved by the customer in ensuring they have the correct consent for the works to be undertaken. This includes listed building consents, planning permission, building regulations and such.
- You must ensure that the company has clear and uninterrupted access to the property at appropriate times for work to be undertaken. If access to neighbouring properties is required, it is the customers’ responsibility to check with the owners and receive permission. Where either party does not give adequate access, we reserve the right to make an additional charge of £400 per day that access is not given.
- We will also make an additional charge of £400 per day if another unrelated tradesman is operating in the works area, where this has not been pre-arranged with the company.
- We may use images/comments from your installation as part of our training, sales and marketing tools. If you DO NOT give your consent for their use, please inform us as soon as possible.
Specifications and services
- We reserve the right to change/alter the specification of goods and services under the following circumstances:
- The product selected is not available.
- Changes are required to keep to legal and/or safety requirements.
- A product is changed by the manufacturer.
- Goods are ordered for your specific installation; any changes by the customer must be made before any cutting, modification, or installation.
- We will do our utmost to ensure that no damage occurs to your property whilst your installation is being undertaken. In the unfortunate event of property damage, the company will do its utmost to ensure materials used in rectification processes are of a reasonable match to existing materials, although in cases of extreme weathering/rarity or discontinuation, you understand that this may not be possible.
- If we are replacing existing goods within the terms of the contract, we will not carry out any structural or rectification works unless this is included within the terms of the contract. Nor do we offer any guarantee against defects or operational problems arising after reinstallation.
Electrics and Gas
- Where the contract includes electric and/or gas works, it is assumed that all relevant legislative requirements are in place at the property.
- The company cannot perform electrical and/or gas works on properties not meeting the correct, current criteria.
- We reserve the right, after inspection by our approved electrician/gas installer, to impose a charge for any rectification works deemed necessary in order to bring your current electrics/gas to the correct legislative standard.
- If rectification works are required, you will be given the option of appointing your own qualified person to perform such works. We offer no guarantee against works performed by anyone other than employees of the company or that their work will comply.
- Either party may cancel this contract within 14 days of placing an order.
- If work is to be carried out within your statutory 14-day cooling-off period, you will be required to sign an additional contract waiving your right to cancel.
- If, after a technical survey, we find that further works are necessary for the company to complete its obligations within the terms of the contract, the company reserves the right to cancel the contract in its entirety.
- If, after 14 days, you wish to cancel the contract, the following costs shall apply:
- Before the survey – 25% of the contract value
- After the survey but before the order of goods – 50% of the contract value
- After the order of goods – 75% of the contract value
- After the commencement of works – 100% of the contract value
- Our employees, installers and subcontractors expect to work in a safe environment. We will not tolerate acts of abuse, violence or threatening behaviour. If such a situation arises, we will immediately remove all employees or related tradesmen from the property and cancel the contract with immediate effect.
Price and Payment
- The total contract value is inclusive of all applicable taxes imposed under legislation within the United Kingdom.
- The company operates a three-stage payment system:
- Stage 1 is a 25% deposit.
- Stage 2 is 50% upon commencement of work.
- Stage 3 is 25% upon completion of the works.
- Payment is due at the above stages and is not negotiable. Failure to comply will result in a breach of contract and assumption of cancellation, and the above (note 5) terms will be in force.
- Stage 1 payments can be made by cash, or Bank Transfer. Stage 2 and 3 payments can only be made via Cash or Direct Bank Transfer.
- If, for any reason, you default on payment at the above stages, the company reserves the right to charge interest (before and after judgement) at a minimum of 8% above our bankers’ base rate until all outstanding money has been paid.
- If, after completion of the installation, there is a minor fault to which you withhold payment, this amount shall be no more than is feasible for the concern, including the cost of goods and labour, and no more the £20% of the total contract value.
- Under certain circumstances, the company will adjust the payment stages to suit varying reasons. For example, we offer to take a smaller deposit, perform minor works with intensive labour / minimal products, or because special agreements have been made with a customer. In these circumstances, full payment will be required on completion of work and point four still applies.
Your rights and obligations
- You will become responsible for all goods delivered to your property from the onset of installation. It is your responsibility to ensure that all goods are properly protected from damage and theft.
- We will require suitable storage facilities for your goods whilst undertaking the installation. This can be inside the property or outside. However, you will be responsible for the goods stored.
- You will not own the goods until full payment has been made to the company.
- If we have to pay costs to enforce our rights of property against you, we will reserve the right to recover these costs from you.
- If the property where works are to take place is a business, we will not be liable for any loss of earnings or profit through the works taking place and/or breach of contract by either party.
- We offer a comprehensive guarantee for a period of 1 year from the completion of the installation. Within this time, the company must be informed of any issues that may arise regardless of the cause. Full details of what is/are not included can be obtained from the company. This guarantee will only begin on completion of the work and after a minimum of 80% of the total contract, value has been received by us.
- We will not be liable for any pressure-related issues arising once a product has been installed. We will do our utmost to offer guidance and advice on product selection. However, you understand that different products are manufactured to suit varying installations and they may not always work as intended in every conceivable situation.
- We will not be liable for claims resulting from
- Fair wear and tear, deliberate damage, neglect, abnormal working conditions, where our advice or manufacturer’s advice has not been followed, interference, modification or repair by someone other than the company.
- You are not entitled to reject goods where the defect or breach would be so minimal to be unnoticed or slight that it is unreasonable to reject the goods. This includes
- Crazing/discolouration of tiles
- Colour differences between different manufacturer products
Preparation for and during the installation
- You will remove all items from the works and surrounding areas that are not part of the removal process (photos, personal belongings etc.).
- You will ensure that you allow no one else to do anything to the works area without written authorisation from the company, including members of the household.
- We offer an estimated timescale for all work we undertake. This however cannot be guaranteed, and we will keep you informed at all times of our progress and expected finish time. We will not be held responsible if the installation is longer or shorter than our estimate originally given.
- Our installers work regular hours of 7:45am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday. Our working hours include travel time to and from your property and so your installation will be undertaken within these hours. At our discretion, we may work longer hours/weekends with approval from the customer. However, this is not the norm. Any suggested timescale for the works is purely indicative, and we offer no guarantee for the time taken to complete your installation.
- If, upon starting the works, it is deemed that further work are required, we reserve the right to charge for this. You are, however entitled to seek further advice before agreeing to these works for a period of 24 hours.
- If after 24 hours no decision has been made, we will treat this as cancellation of the contract and as such clause 5 comes into effect.
- We will notify you of your anticipated installation date at the point of accepting our quotation or by postal letter once you have confirmed acceptance of our quotation. If you are not able to accommodate the installation on this date, you understand you may be pushed back to the end of the queue.
- You understand that throughout the installation, you will experience noise, discomfort, dust and dirt. We aim to keep this to a minimum level and will use appropriate precautions to protect your property; You understand extra cleaning after we have finished will be required.
- You understand that should you not require the rubbish created to be removed from your property, the company will leave it in an acceptable location and will not remove ANY rubbish created during the works.
- The company reserves the right, in certain circumstances, to leave all rubbish created during an installation at the property involved.
- We are unable to dispose of white goods (refrigerators/freezers etc) and it is your responsibility to arrange safe disposal of these.
- If Asbestos is found, or there is a likelihood of Asbestos, it is your responsibility to arrange safe disposal of this.
- If any of these conditions are deemed invalid or unenforceable, it will not affect the other conditions.
- If you break the contract and we decide not to take action in this instance, we reserve the right to take action in the future.We strongly suggest any formal correspondence sent to the company is via recorded delivery. However, you may also hand deliver or post to
- TradesPro Ltd 22 The Ridgeway, Codicote, Hitchin, SG4 8YP
- This contract is used with English law, and as such, any dispute will be dealt with via the English judicial system.
- If you ask us to do investigative work, you understand that there is a risk of damage to your property and as such no liability will be held.
- We may increase the price quoted for works if the surveyor reveals complications or extra works/goods are required not on the original contract.
- Any quotations given for works by the company are valid for a period of 30 days.