At TradesPro, we love Hardie® Backer Board for both walls and floors. Designed to reduce inflexion and provide a perfect sub straight for tiling.
Hardie® Backer Board is made better to install better and perform better. That’s why it was named the most preferred brand of backer board by tile installers and contractors, according to the 2019 Tile and Stone Report conducted by ClearSeas research in partnership with the National Tile Contractors Association and TILE Magazine.
- HardieBacker® 500 cement board is designed for walls, floors and countertops.
- This product is 6mm thick and is the strongest and lightest cement board on the market, holding 200kg/m² (as opposed to 32kg/m² for plasterboard).
- The product’s thinness ensures minimal additional build-up to the floor, maintaining ceiling heights and smoother transitions between rooms.
- Featuring the unique, recessed EZ® grid fastener pattern, it’s simple to cut and install.
- Formulated with James Hardie’s proprietary cement formulation and featuring Mouldblock™ technology, it’s water resistant and has a mesh free construction, ideal for kitchens, bathrooms and steam rooms.
- This backboard contains no paper facing, which can become mouldy, or gypsum, which can disintegrate with continuous exposure to moisture.
- The HardieBacker® manufacturing process ensures dimensional stability even when exposed to water for prolonged periods.
- Its unique formulation ensures a strong bond with all the leading tile adhesives.
- Boards measure 1200 x 800 x 6mm.
- Hard to cut and Snap
- Blunts cutting tools